aging society

Dec 28, 2021

t f B! P L

I've been taking care of my old father lately.

I need to do lots of things. 

I need to hold a folk in front of his mouth while he is eating.

He eats slowly. He can't eat foods quickly.

If he tries to do so, the foods will go into the windpipe and that will cause Aspiration pneumonia.

Eating a breakfast takes him about 3 or 4 hours.

After having a meal, he needs to brush his teeth.

This will take about 7 minutes.

I sometimes need to bring him to the bathroom.

In the bathroom, He tends to spend about 2 or 3 hours.

I'm looking for some robots that will support my household chores, but I still can't find good products.

My parents are aged and always struggling to move in my house.

My mother moan all the time crawling and twisting her body on the floor. I sometimes have to take them to hospitals.

Every time they call me, I need to quit my job temporarily, and attend them. I need to do lots of things, but I need to take care of my parents at the same time.

This is the reality of aged society. There is a labor shortage. Definitely there are great demands for such labors. Robots may become good substitution for men.
If there are good products, I wants to buy them.
There are great demand and business chance, but robots aren't sold in the market yet.
Robots are still on R & D phases and not commercialized yet.

Household chores, Friends of children, Carers of elderly people. 
they don't require intelligence but time, conscience, patience ,sincerity, safety, privacy, trust and credibility. 
: Play ping-pong, juggling, cards with robotic arms with children.
If I need to ask for some support from carers, robots will be a good companion. I don't need to feel hesitation, embarrassment, humiliation, anxiety, sense of guilty for carers, suspicion of malicious intention, and so on.  

robot-assisted feeding machine

I want to ask someone to do things like these.
Holding a spoon in front of the patient and feed him. Keeping the position of the spoon and wait patiently until he finish eating.
Cleaning the body of the patients. Giving him a bath.
Taking him safely to a bathroom, a bed and hospitals.
Assisting them to take exercise every day. Giving them good exposure to natural sun light and that will enhance the secretion of some essential hormone. Moving the actual body stimulates brain to secrete some hormone to function small intestine properly and that will heal the constipation.

I think lots of people are facing such urgent problems and they need to be solved.
The process of aging isn't always cool. The latter part of life is dirty, ugly, miserable, weak, fragile, dull, uncool, helpless, and hopeless. When I pull down the pants of my dad or open his mouth to brush his teeth, sometimes I'm offended by foul stench from his body. He is always drooling, and sometimes pees before he arrives at a bathroom. I hope mRNA treatment or something will solve the aging problems. Anti aging struggle, elixir for rejuvenation, People sought for eternal life from the ancient time. People wish for longevity, eternal youth, health from long time ago.

I think Spot of Boston Dynamics would be a promising robot to do household chores like washing dishes, cleaning the room, doing laundries, assisting having meals for elderly people and so on. 
It can work in the real environment like messy rooms. Using AI or machine leaning system on the internet, it can recognize objects scattered on the floor like clothes, garbage, cans, pet bottles, litter, toys, gadgets, books and so on. And it can tidy up the room automatically.
If there are such robots at home, it will be considered as a useful dog of a family.
 It's like an autonomous car on the roads. The same recognition system can be used. The demand will be universal. People all over the world will need such robots.
Pepper of softbank looks like capable to do such things with dexterous hands, but it is said to be incapable to do such things. If the OS of pepper become free for customization by users like linux, the abilities like doing household chores will be added by many users. But such usage is not allowed by the company, so the development of pepper seems to be halted. If the pepper can do such things, it will be considered as a useful member of a family.
Video game industry is already matured. Apps are saturated on the market. The market is already a red ocean. I'm fed up with video games or apps on the net. But robotic industry is still immature. There are still vast wilderness and chances but no pavement. The market is still a blue ocean. We need to cope with the difficulties of aging symptoms with the ingenuities of mankind.


Translate

QooQ